Safe and Smart
The Council held a Virtual Day Camp this summer where Tiger Scouts were able to earn the Safe & Smart Adventure Belt Loop.
If you missed it, have no fear. You can work on this with your Scout at home. It's all here in this post!
Safe & Smart Tasks
Complete 1-8. By watching the videos below. Requirement 9 is optional.
1. Memorize your address, and say it to your den leader or parent/guardian/other caring adult.
2. Memorize an emergency contact's phone number, and say it to your parent, guardian, or den leader.
3. Take the 911 safety quiz.
4. Show you can "Stop, Drop, and Roll."
5. Show you know how to safely roll someone else in a blanket to put out a fire.
6. With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, make a fire escape map of your home and explain it to family members and your den.
7. With your parent/guardian or other caring adult, try a practice fire drill at home.
8. Find the smoke detectors in your home. With the help of your parent/guardian or other caring adult, check the batteries.
9. Visit an emergency responder station, or have an emergency responder visit you.
9 paper plates
smoke detector from home (or watch with video)